10.21.2013

LEFTOVER ROAST ENCHILADAS

 I wanted to first thank everyone for your kind comments about the last post I shared. I really thought long and hard about what I could write that would be helpful and motivating to many and it really seemed to come across just how i wanted. So, thank you for reading and thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I really really appreciate it!

[The man] LOVES enchiladas and so do I. I think it has been almost a year since I made them the last time, so it was time. I was going to make green enchiladas with chicken, but then we decided that we would try something new and make red enchiladas, but use some leftover roast from a few days ago. They were delicious! I am going to add them to my list of "WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER ROAST."

We ate them again for lunch today with re fried beans and chips and salsa and it was soooo good. We just kept looking at each other saying "this is the best meal we have had in a really long time." It could have been excessive hunger or they could just be THAT good! You decide! :) There was just something about the tartness of the lime, the spicyness of the enchilada, the crunch of the taco, the saltyness and crunch of the chip, against the soft texture of the beans and melted cheese...AMAZING!

I used corn tortillas, leftover roast, enchilada sauce, grated cheese and olives. That is it! 

SUPER EASY!




They are kind of a mess to make and i don't have a ton of counter space...but we managed.

Take a tortilla and dip in the sauce.


Let excess drip off.

Fill with Meat, Cheese, and Olives.

Roll. (this takes major skill to take a picture, in focus (I used AF), and roll this with one hand, without getting enchilada sauce or cheese all over my camera...all while a tired toddler tugs at my leg.) 

Lay in greased, 9x13 dish with about a cup of sauce on the bottom.

Top with another cup of sauce, grated cheese and olives.

Bake and ENJOY!

Delicious with Lime, sourcream, and chips!

LEFTOVER ROAST ENCHILADAS

INGREDIENTS

8 oz grated cheese
2 cups shredded beef (we used leftover tri tip that was cooked with potatoes and carrots and seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika in the crock pot, i didn't use any of the potatoes or carrots of course, just the meat)
Sliced Olives (optional)
Corn Tortillas (they came in a pack of 10, i used 9, i should have squished them in there a little more)
1 can red enchilada sauce (we used las palmas)

INSTRUCTIONS

Grease 9x13 glass baking dish.

Pour 1 Cup sauce in the bottom of the dish.

Pour the rest of the sauce in a bowl or dish that you can use to dip tortillas.

Set out grated cheese, slice olives, and shredded beef to make it easy to fill tortillas.

Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.

Dip Tortilla in sauce.

Fill with cheese, olives and meat.

Roll and lay fold side down in dish.

Continue until you fill the dish.

Pour an addition cup of sauce over the rolled enchiladas.

Cover with grated cheese and olives.

Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.

Remove foil and bake an additional 10.

Remove from oven and serve with lime, chips, spanish rice, refried beans etc.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment