2.14.2012

DARK CHOCOLATE SALTED ALMOND CAKE





YES I made this and YES it was DELICIOUS! It was a total experiment to curb the HUGE chocolate cake craving I had. Only problem is I DON'T REALLY LIKE CHOCOLATE CAKE, i don't ever think it is rich enough, nor do i like frosting because it is always too sweet and it really just isn't my thing, but for some reason it sounded good, so i wanted to see what i could come up with. I had a boxed chocolate cake and didn't really feel like searching a ton of sites to find a recipe that i thought would work, so i resorted to using the box, but added a significant amount of cocoa powder to the batter so that it was more chocolatey, which in turn made the cake a bit dryer i think, but that was solved with my miracle frosting that i created. I can't explain exactly how i made it but lets just say it consisted of salt, powdered sugar, starbucks hot chocolate powder, vanilla, lots of butter, cream, melted chocolate, and i know i know this isn't normally used, but flour. THE FROSTING TURNED OUT IN MY MIND DELICIOUS, it wasn't too sweet, and it was just what i wanted. Then i added to this by using the great "SECRET INGREDIENT" if you know this ingredient you know that it can make anything taste amazing. I thank trader joes everyday for selling Dark chocolate salted almonds. YUM! I chopped these beauties up and put them all over the cake. All in all it turned out how i wanted and i can now say i don't dislike this chocolate cake.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! This reminds me of Apple Grunt on Crack! You and your culinary wizardry. :) Also reminds me of you teaching me that it's perfectly ok to eat chocolate and almonds for lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete